In Quest for a Cure and the Holy Grail of Mascaras

October 9, 2008 at 11:32 am 8 comments

In honor of BCA month Makeup Moxie is donating $1.00 (up to $100) to the American Cancer Society for each comment on her post and asks us the burning question:

“Have you found your “Holy Grail” mascara and, if so, what is it? If you haven’t found your Holy Grail Mascara, what is it that you’re still looking for in your quest for the perfect mascara?”

Personally, I am still searching for the ultimate mascara on the market. I don’t ask for much. My requirements would be a mascara that leaves your lashes feeling soft not stiff, adds beautiful natural-looking length, doesn’t flake or smudge, and doesn’t cause my eyes to itch or tear up.

I’m still searching for my holy grail of mascaras. As for drug store brands, I’d say Maybelline’s Full n Soft Mascara, and for a department store brand mascara, I would go with either Lola’s or Becca’s, but I reserve the right to change my mind!

I should have mentioned my fabulous experience while using Marini Lash. My lashes are looking so healthy and lovely right now, I could almost skip my mascara and when I do use mascara I get ultra-great results.

Be sure to visit Makeup Moxie’s site today and comment on your favorite mascara formula. A simple and wonderful way to donate to the BCA cause. You might even find some new mascara brands to covet! Thanks Makeup Moxie, we adore you!!!

Entry filed under: Cosmetics, Eyes. Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

FGW: Happy Birthday to all, and to all a good buy!! Beauty Bit: How to Get Perfect Lashes

• 1. Marilyn  |  October 9, 2008 at 12:27 pm

I’m still sticking with the L’Oreal Telescopic mascara. How have you been, cutie?

• 2. Jen Hill  |  October 9, 2008 at 12:41 pm

Now I have to try Telescopic Marilyn because I have heard really good things about it. Amanda just had me buy her the new Maybelline Colossal mascara because she had a friend who couldn’t stop wow-ing about it, but I am reading some mixed reviews.

All is well here and hope all went well on your trip to Hawaii. Very good to have you home!

• 3. tracy m  |  October 9, 2008 at 3:21 pm

Revlon 3D or the big fat one in an orange tube.

• 4. Katie  |  October 9, 2008 at 3:59 pm

Although it has received terrible reviews in some places, my new Love of My Life mascara is Maybelline’s Colossal Volume in the big yellow tube. I ditched Dior Show for this mascara!!! Also, I get complimented about once a week on my eyes looking

• 5. IFW  |  October 10, 2008 at 4:20 am

I’ve not been looking for uber-full or uber-lengthening. I’ve just been looking for a mascara that doesn’t migrate from my lashes to the bags under my eyes. I was really happy with the Lash Stash kit from Sephora, because it gave me a chance to try out a whole selection of mascaras.And I found my Holy Grail: Blinc Kiss Me. It has survived tears, sweat, dust and rain – lasting a full 18-hour day. I love this stuff so much that I a pair for my niece and her mother as a pre-wedding present.

• 6. Jen Hill  |  October 10, 2008 at 6:46 am

Hooray for finding your Holy Grail Mascaras! Ditched your Dior Katie? Wowza. I’m going to have to try this one.

Yes IFW, both you and my hairstylist love Blinc’s Kiss Me. I am about to try it out and will let you know how it goes!

Giivng “Kiss Me” as a pre-wedding present? What a great auntie you are!

• 7. Jazmin  |  October 10, 2008 at 8:30 am

And we adore Mythbuster Beauty!!

Jen, thank you so much for supporting Makeup Moxie and Comments 4 a Cure!

Oooh and what a great idea! Maybe we can stop searching for HG mascara if we can find HG eyelash growth treatment! I’ll have to check out that Marini Lash ; )

• 8. Jen Hill  |  October 10, 2008 at 12:45 pm

I just tried L’Oreal’s Clean Definition Telescopic Mascara and I must say, “Not bad, not bad at ALL.” The patented tip works well to brush mascara cleanly on lashes without clumping. Good length and definition and no smudging or flaking so far. Even after a cold, windy trip to a farm with four children!

For under $7 Telescopic is a winner, thanks Marilyn!