Laura Mercier’s Flawless Face Kit, Great Value

September 23, 2008 at 7:18 am 5 comments

Laura Mercier’s Flawless Face Kit looks like a fabulous makeup kit and at a pretty decent price.  Allie from My Wardrobe Today mentioned that she purchased this kit for herself, and I couldn’t help but drool when I read all that is included in it.

The Laura Mercier Flawless Face Kit:
Each bag contains a 1.0 oz Foundation Primer (Step 1), a 1.0 oz Tinted Moisturizer (Step 2), a 0.21 oz Undercover Pot plus Translucent Loose Setting Powder (Step 3 and 4), a Secret Camouflage Brush, a Camouflage Powder Brush, a Velour Puff, and an egg-shaped Sponge.

Individually these items would sell for $159, and at Sephora this LM exclusive is listed for $65.  I know that is probably more than your entire yearly beauty budget, but let me explain.

Laura Mercier’s primer is a wonderful primer product, one of the best out there!  It protects and soothes your skin and helps your foundation glide on and stay put.  Even a 1oz size will easily last you a year.  LM’s tinted moisturizer is one of my favorites, it is quite sheer, but adds a beautiful glow and evenness to your skin.  Maybe not ideal for those needing medium to heavy foundation coverage, but for those craving light and natural coverage LM’s tinted moisturizer with the primer is a MUST!

LM’s brushes are high quality, beautifully crafted brushes, and I LOVE her egg-shaped sponges!  These tools are truly a godsend for applying foundation “flawlessly.”

I have heard the wonders about LM’s Undercover Pot plus Translucent Loose Setting Powder, and am dying to try it.   Kate is it, or is it not “the bomb?”

Leave it to Sephora and Laura Mercier to put together a kit like this that is so darn irresistible!

Entry filed under: Skincare, Uncategorized. Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

L’Oreal Paris “Color of Hope” Campaign FGW: Korres Ginger & Vitamins Foundation SPF 10

• 1. Mo  |  September 23, 2008 at 5:26 pm

Ugh. I have seriously been eyeballing this and I was hoping you’d say it was a waste or something so I could let go of the urge to buy it. You Devil Woman!! 😉

• 2. Jen Hill  |  September 23, 2008 at 9:11 pm

I went for a chemical peel last week, and five days later I am still a peeling freak. LM’s tinted moisturizer and primer is saving my life right now because any other form of foundation would look horrible on my molting face.

Sorry to tempt you Mo, I am waiting until the November Sephora Friends and Family 20% deal to purchase this. But by then, something else will be beguile me! Ugh, this beauty product obsession is really sick.

• 3. Mo  |  September 24, 2008 at 1:49 am

Why, November is right around the corner. Even I can hold out until then!
    Guess I better start making a list….

• 4. kate2004rock  |  September 24, 2008 at 3:12 pm

The brushes are probably worth $40 alone. The transluscent powder is definitely a must. And the concealer/secret camouflage is heavy duty …you get the “covering” from that. If you’ve been eyeing the brand, I’d say this is a great way dip your toe in. It’s $5 more than a Bare Escentuals starter kit, and dare I say, of MUCH higher quality.

• 5. Jen Hill  |  September 24, 2008 at 7:21 pm

Without a doubt I am going to get this! So great to hear from you Kate.