NP Set Cosmetics at Target

September 16, 2008 at 6:41 am 9 comments

I have been eager to try some of the new NP Set Cosmetics line that was recently launched at Target Stores.  I was particularly eager because of my positive experiences while recently reviewing some of Napoleon Perdis’ cosmetics (Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Primer and Long Black Mascara).

I sampled NP Set’s Pre-Foundation Primer at the counter which was slightly pink in comparison with the Napoleon Perdis Auto Pilot Primer and I found it light, absorbed quickly into my skin, and seemed to have some light diffusing qualities.   I took my time sampling their eye shadows, and browsed through NP Set’s Show Loose Dust Duos.  I was instantly drawn to their Russia Silver and Gray duo, and ended up buying it.

When at home, I found that the wand applicators were difficult to control with an optimum amount of product and placement; a cosmetic eye brush would have worked much better.  As a word of warning, be careful how you open the container or you might spill a large amount of your powder.   I found that this loose eye shadow lighter shade powder goes on in a true silver sparkle, and I love the darker purplish-deeper gray shade.  I found myself a bit disappointed by this eye shadow’s staying power and weird applicator method, and the price ($26) seemed too steep.

All in all, I found the NP Set cosmetic line to be compelling, but I might be more willing to experiment with the NP Set line if they were more reasonably priced.  Most products cost over $15, including the lip glosses.  The samples available allow some experimentation, but it is always hard to determine how much you like a product until to take it home and wear it.  I would love to hear if any of you have sampled some of the NP Set Line and how you feel about it.

Be sure to read Bionic Beauty‘s fabulous post (with pictures) featuring the three new cosmetic lines being offered at Target stores:  Jemma Kidd (JK), Pixi, and NP Set.

Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

Beauty Bit: 14 Favorite Foundations FGW: Resurfacing- It’s not just for roads….

• 1. Mo  |  September 17, 2008 at 1:30 am

NP isn’t an overwhelmingly expensive line to begin with, so I was surprised by the higher price point at Target. The convenience is certainly something to consider. You can buy NP Set eye shadow AND a Clorox Microfiber mop to clean up your spilled powder all at the same time!

• 2. Zoe  |  September 18, 2008 at 6:31 pm

Seriously, don’t bother with Napoleon Perdis. In Australia, it’s home country, it’s got a bad rep as being over-priced rubbish.

• 3. Jen Hill  |  September 19, 2008 at 7:05 am

Those are very good things to consider. Take a hint Target, the prices are too high! 😦

Hi Zoe! Are you familiar with the Model Co line (another Australian cosmetic company)? I have only tried their Fluidsplash Foundation, but it is one of my very favorites, especially their concealer in the cap, so wonderful!

• 4. Zoe  |  September 20, 2008 at 1:50 am

Hi Jen 🙂 ModelCo is great! I haven’t tried alot of their stuff, but it has a great rep here, and the products I have tried have been awesome. A lot of their products are really innovative, I love them!

• 5. Jen Hill  |  September 20, 2008 at 7:13 am

That is great news Zoe!

I was browsing through the Model Co site and would love to try some more of their line: the Lash Wand, Erase serum, and some of their self tanning products. They look incredible.

G’day my dear and come back again soon!

• 6. kelly  |  October 13, 2008 at 9:11 pm

I used the NP set products including the gold pallette eyeshadow and liner. I found them to look great and the pencil lasted really well on my eye. It usually waers off quiote qucikly. I love the price too. GO TARGET! I would definetly reccomend to my mates

• 7. Krissy  |  October 15, 2008 at 6:19 am

I agree with Zoe, Napoleon products aren’t that popular here in Australia, the quality is so-so and Napoleon is a bit of a tool…. and kind of creeeepy…. sorry, off topic! Anyway, ModelCo fake tan is the BEST, and their LashXtend mascara is great for a natural look that doesn’t clump. Cheers from Oz 🙂

• 8. Jen Hill  |  October 15, 2008 at 6:58 am

So nice to hear from you Krissy and Kelly!

I looovee Model Co, I’ve said it before and will say it again, THE BEST stuff! Gotta try their mascara now.

G’day sweeties and come back again soon. Jen 🙂

• 9. Mo  |  October 15, 2008 at 9:18 am

Well in that case, send me some Model Co, but I’ll only accept it if you throw in some Pineapple Lumps!