Big Night Out: What makeup do you wear?

August 22, 2008 at 7:40 am 14 comments

Prompted by a Bionic Beauty post last week called, “What makeup are you wearing today?”  I was also inspired by DecoDiva’s great going out post and pics last week on her blogsite.  I wanted to ask MBB readers a similar question.  When you go out for the evening, how do you “kick it up a notch?”

Evening makeup deserves a more intense lip color, a richly pigmented black mascara, and some fabulous glow.   On a recent evening out with my hubby, I went with a bolder berry look, inspired by two of Urban Decay’s new lip products, their 24/7 Lip Pencil and Lipstick

Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

Beauty Byte: Best Lip Liners Beauty Byte: Short Hair with Attitude

• 1. tracy m  |  August 22, 2008 at 10:07 am

WOWZA Jen! You look stunning! Absolutely lovely, positively glowing. Your eyes look luminous- whatever your doing, keep doing it.

• 2. tracy m  |  August 22, 2008 at 10:07 am

gah! _you’re_ doing.

• 3. Jen Hill  |  August 22, 2008 at 12:06 pm

Thanks Tracy, you always know how to make me feel great. We ate with some friends at SLC’s Cucina Toscana and had a wonderful time.

Happy Birthday Evan!

• 4. Decorative Diva  |  August 22, 2008 at 1:05 pm

Pretty!
    You look great!

• 5. kate2004rock  |  August 22, 2008 at 5:12 pm

You’re so natural and gorgeous. I love it.

• 6. realworldmartha  |  August 22, 2008 at 5:54 pm

Beautiful! I have the worst time kicking it up a notch. I never feel confident about that.

• 7. Jen Hill  |  August 22, 2008 at 6:41 pm

Thank you Kate and Debbie. Debbie you are gorgeous no matter what. Just choose one aspect of your face (like your beautiful eyes) and go bold with it. I would love to see you with a smokey eye, or a bolder liquid liner and deep black mascara.

My predominant facial feature is my mouth, ha ha. So I stay simple with the eyes and face, and play up my lip color. Be brave woman and have fun!

• 8. kate2004rock  |  August 23, 2008 at 6:32 am

I feel the need to add on to this – I have green eyes so dramatic dark eye makeup ( but no raccoon) is what ups it for me. kate2004rock’s night out makeup:

Hair: Halo Reparative Shampoo and Smoothing Conditioner. Halo Volumizing Mousse in the roots and Ojon Tunu Hair Smoother.Blow dried with round brush. Flat Iron with Chi Iron Guard and Silk Therapy. Some Phyto7 Cream brushed through at the end.

Face: Dior Hydraction Eye Cream SPF15 and Caudalie Premiere Vendanges Moisturizer.

Complexion: Laura Gellar Spackle Primer and Dior Airflash Foundation in 200 or 230.Fresh Here Comes the Sun Palette (mix both bronzers) The Balm Time Balm concealer and Alexandra de Markoff Fresh Eye Cream plus

Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion,d liner brush to apply Stila black, NARS Cream Shadow in Mykonos,Korres Eyeshadow in Gold, Stila Golightly, NARSS Night Clubbing, Dior Blackout Mascara. Smashbox BrowTech.

Cheeks: Nars Geule de Nuit Cream Blush; Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder.

Lips: Stila Lip Contour #7, NARS Lipstick in Mojave.

• 9. Jen Hill  |  August 23, 2008 at 7:23 am

Sounds really beautiful Kate. I am sure your green eyes are stunning. Thank you so much for sharing, and am going to check some of your favorites out asap!

• 10. Jami  |  August 24, 2008 at 5:34 am

I headed out last night with the Bionic Hubby for some seafood on the river. Here’s my “dolled up” look (I was trying out some new colors, so it’s still TBD how I’m loving these, or not…)

Hair: YY Sequoia Shampoo & Dogwood Conditioner, YY Tree of Heaven styling lotion, YY Sweetgum Spray on Shine (I sound like an ad, but I just got these products and am trying them out).

Face: Sophyto facewash & lotion, YY Savannah Toner, Physicians Formula Organic Wear tinted moisturizer. Dusting of Physicians Formula Organic Wear powder.

Eyes: Smashbox shadow in Smashing Strike (neutral taupe w// a little shimmer) across the entire lid, up past the crease. Lined upper & lower lashes with Lancome black kohl liner and smudged it out til light gray. 1 coat of Physician’s Formula Mineral Wear mascara (shocker, right? lol)
    Anastasia brow gel to tame the “flyaways”.

Lips: Pin Up Lip Balm in Coconut to prep. NARS Lip stick in Captiva (love, adore, and am swooning for this lip color for fall).

• 11. Jen Hill  |  August 24, 2008 at 7:52 am

Yum seafood! I bet you looked gorgeous. I am not familiar with the YY line, but would love to hear what you think about it.

To acheive a darker lip look without going too extreme, I just bought a Nars Lip Gloss in Rose Birman. The Captiva lipstick sounds lovely, I am going to have to check it out.

Thanks Jami and best wishes!

• 12. realworldmartha  |  August 24, 2008 at 5:45 pm

And how would I go about the smokey eye? When are you coming back down here? You have to come and make up my eyes and I will feed you all dinner!

• 13. stephanie waddoups  |  August 25, 2008 at 4:50 pm

I actually saw Jen in person and she looked gorgeous the entire evening!!

• 14. Jen Hill  |  August 25, 2008 at 8:59 pm

Debbie, Here is a great article to demonstrate how-to create a smokey eye: http://beauty.about.com/od/allaboutyoureyes/ht/smokeyes.htm. I hope to visit AZ in the spring, and would love to see you then!

Thanks for visiting and for the comment Stephanie, you are too wonderful.