This ain’t your Momma’s Lipstick: Going Red

August 12, 2008 at 7:35 am 7 comments

Want an instant pop of brilliant red color on those lips, but a little leery of wearing a full colored red lipstick shade?  I highly recommend trying a sheer red lip gloss.  My favorite fun look for summer has been to wear Becca’s Glossy Lip Tint in Cherrybomb.   It adds a bright, pure shade of red to my lips and lots of long lasting shine, and I don’t feel like this gloss is overpowering and screams to everyone, “Hey look, I am wearing my Mom’s red lipstick!”

For you who can boldly wear the bright red lipstick, I envy you!  But for those like myself who are feeling timid about wearing red lipstick, but are still craving the “little red corvette” color to your lip palette, Becca’s sheer bright red Cherrybomb lip gloss is a great alternative.  I usually think of a red lipstick as a winter shade, but picture this, how nice a red lip compliments a tan (or sunless tan) complexion?

I gave Becca’s Glossy Lip Tint a “9 out of 10” stars on the Total Beauty site.  I gave this product a “9” simply because of its price.  $23 is a little steep for even a fabulous lip gloss.

Stila has a deep red lip and cheek stain called “Cherry Crush” which I have heard wonderful things about.  You can also try Stila’s limited edition “Rock the vote Red” lipstick.  Wearing red lipstick to the polls seems like a very patriotic thing to do.

Check out my friend Kate’s picks for fabulous fall red lip color at her post, “That time of year again:  Saturdays at Sephora,” at Megsmakeup.com.

Which ever way you choose; have fun with some red!

Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

Tarte’s Berry Couture Giveaway at MBB FGW: Press on what?!

• 1. Decorative Diva  |  August 12, 2008 at 11:35 am

I love red, though I’ll wear bold or sheer shades 🙂
    I’ll head over and check out Cherrybomb!

• 2. JASS  |  August 12, 2008 at 12:36 pm

That does look like fun….but don’t think I’d ever do it!
    I’d be soooo paranoid of lipstick teeth.

• 3. Marilyn  |  August 12, 2008 at 1:06 pm

Wait a minute! Where’s the photo of YOU in that lipgloss?

• 4. kate2004rock  |  August 12, 2008 at 5:00 pm

awww thanks for the shoutout!

• 5. Jen Hill  |  August 13, 2008 at 8:55 am

J’adore rouge à lèvres rouge! You are so welcome Kate.

I will attempt the pic, but I cannot promise I will post it. Would you accept a picture of Amanda wearing this, or a swatch brushed on my arm?

Beauty blogger I am, Beauty model, I am not.

• […] I wrote about using a sheer red lip gloss instead of a full color red lipstick called, “This ain’t your Momma’s Lipstick: Going Red.”  I go for the sheer red lip look because of feeling intimidated by a true lipstick in […]

• 7. SA  |  September 19, 2008 at 3:59 pm

I love lip gloss, that’s all I’m wearing in my video pics right now… fortunately I’m photogenic without makeup… Suzanna