Fresh Cannabis Rose Eau de Parfum

July 7, 2008 at 8:26 am 5 comments

Perfume. I love the thought of wearing a fragrance, one that captures my personality. Unfortunately, many perfumes cause me to feel light-headed and make my sinuses throb. Have you ever passed a woman, or man who’s scent is so strong that it physically assaults you? Have you ever been trapped in an elevator with such a person? I think it was “Poison” by Christian Dior that was so popular in the 90’s and was being constantly abused. Back in the 80’s while I was in middle school, the boys were all swimming in “Polo” by Ralph Lauren with its strong deep wood pine musky scent. I swear a fog of Polo cologne swirled above the school cafeteria where we were assembled. Ahh, memories.

I prefer very natural, delicate and floral scents, if any at all. That is why Herbaria soaps and many of the naturally curly haircare lines became my favorite body and haircare products. They all use natural and delicate fragrances like lemongrass, lavender, herbs and florals that do not overwhelm me.

My sensitive nose adores the Fresh line of Fragrances. They have put together some of the most delicious scents, one of which has become my favorite for summer, Cannabis Rose. If you are a floral fragrance lover, and adore the scent of a freshly picked rose, this scent is for you. Cannabis aka Marijuana, is in the title and is listed as Cannabis Accord in the ingredient list. According to ConnieTalk, “The term ‘accord’ in reference to fragrances refers to a blend of scents that are combined to invoke the sense of a specific scent. For the Fresh Cannabis Rose the accord utilizes the creamy sandalwood, sensual patchouli, and frankincense to create the scent of the cannabis plant.”

Personally, I do not detect the smell of pot in this fragrance, but whatever the case, it is a beautiful scent. Fresh combines these notes together to make an ultra-sensual scent for summer.

• Top: Bulgarian rose, pomegranate flower, bergamot
  • Middle: cannabis accord, sheer jasmine, dark chocolate
  • Bottom: white musk, patchouli, oolong tea
  • The Fresh Cannabis Rose Eau de Parfum retails for $75.00 on the Fresh website.

Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

3 Winners Announced! Jessicurl’s Weekly Deep Conditioning Treatment

• 1. tracy m  |  July 7, 2008 at 10:42 pm

I dunno jen, I fear I may have already spent too many years of my life, long ago, smelling like cannabis to pay to smell that way now!

• 2. Jami  |  July 8, 2008 at 5:40 am

I love that some of the notes are oolong tea, dark chocolate and pomegranate. Sounds delightful!

I will admit that I thought it was a “joke” perfume at first, but once I read your review, I’m intrigued by it- so you’ve certainly appealed to my senses. Plus I trust you one hundred times more than a salesperson at the counter or some random magazine. 🙂

• 3. jen38  |  July 8, 2008 at 1:56 pm

You two crack me up! If they ever do create a true Cannabis fragrance, I think they should call it, “Weed,” “Cheech and Chong,” or “Half Baked.”

• 4. Michelle  |  August 7, 2008 at 8:33 am

A friend introduced me to Cannabis Santal and I am in love with it. I want to check out more of the Fresh Scents but this one was perfect for me because I don’t like floral scents and the Santal version was perfect!

• 5. Jen Hill  |  August 7, 2008 at 8:57 am

I sampled the Cannabis Santal fragrance while at Sephora a few weeks back. It has a very nice sultry scent. I think all the Fresh line fragrances are fabulous! So nice to hear from you Michelle.