Good to be home!

May 24, 2008 at 1:53 pm 7 comments

Evan and I packed up the minivan and drove to Southern California with the kids last week.  First stop, Disneyland.  I wore my best wig and fir coat and headed out in high fashion.  How’s that for a perfect shade of red lipstick Mo?

Here is a picture of me with all my girls next to the “Pirates of the Carribean” ride.  If you cannot tell, I am wearing my Megs Makeup t-shirt.  I wear this shirt with pride!

The last day in Southern Cali we drove over to Huntington Beach.  Beautiful day, hardly anyone there, and loads of sand and surf for everyone!

On the way home, we stopped at Paris Las Vegas for the night.  The girls were blown away by the lights of the strip at night, I was blown away by the Sephora store located in the Miracle Mile Mall right downstairs from our hotel room.  Here is the title for my next post:  “$184 reasons why I am grateful that a Sephora store isn’t in Utah.”

Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , .

FGW: Frugal Finds Tagged! What Jenny needs…

• 1. Marilyn  |  May 24, 2008 at 11:25 pm

Yay! You’re Back!

• 2. tracy m  |  May 25, 2008 at 7:45 am

Looks like you had a blast! Love the pictures…

• 3. Jen Hill  |  May 25, 2008 at 8:48 am

Great to hear from you Marilyn and Tracy!

I told Evan this morning that my body is now catching up to the week of stomping the pavement at Disneyland. Still, we did have a great time. This was our very first trip as a family and we figured out how to optimize our time by using Fastpass and RideSwap. My favorite rides were: Splash Mountain, Indian Jones Adventure, and California Soarin.

Came home to a green lawn and lilacs, hooray for summer!

• 4. mo mommy  |  May 26, 2008 at 10:21 pm

My very first tat was a dalmatian puppy, so I love the Cruella pic. Strangely enough, that’s exactly what I look like in the mornings…..
    So glad you guys all had a blast! What’d you bring me? 😉

• 5. Jami  |  May 27, 2008 at 8:48 am

Looks like a super trip! I love the Huntington Beach area, I’d so live there… well, except I could never afford a darn house. lol.

Splash Mountain is among my favorite rides as well. Although I’ve only been on the Disney World version (FL). My absolute favorite of all time is the Haunted Mansion… that’s kind of my dream job. It would be like Halloween everyday!!

Thanks for sharing the photos. It’s good to have ya back!

• 6. Jen Hill  |  May 27, 2008 at 9:08 am

A dalmation puppy would be adorable! At Sephora I bought the Sun Safety Kit and the Peter Thomas Roth SPF 30 powder for starters. I love that little Tarte lip tint too!

And Jami to live around Huntington Beach would be incredible. Evan and I were joking that if we lived there we would be in killer great shape because of all the areas for walking, the beach, surfing, etc. Well we can dream it is possible at least!

Naomi loved the Haunted Mansion, she got a little freaked out when the room dropped and the hanging man appeared, but other than that, she loved it.

I really missed you guys! I am glad to be back and hope you are all well.

• 7. realworldmartha  |  May 27, 2008 at 3:37 pm

Looks like you all had a lot of fun!!!