What is your cosmetic beauty style?

April 24, 2008 at 10:18 am 10 comments

The Mother’s Day Edition of the Sephora catalog just arrived. I think fashionable shots of the supermodel mother-to-be, or posing “glammed-up” next to her toddler is a very sweet gesture. As a real life momma, I can only *chuckle* thinking about the dirty looks I would get from the women behind the counter at Sephora if I allowed my toddler to unload a stack of beauty products on the floor!

What I would have given to look half as good as the pregnant rock star mom on page 12!

You don’t have to be a mom to love Sephora, and this late spring catalog characterizes women in four cosmetic style types.

“Glam” Where flashbulbs go, she follows. If it’s not fab, forget it, dah-ling.

“The Rock Star”Edgy, push-the-envelope treats are right up her electric avenue. (Mo, I thinked they have you pegged)! Someone in this group would love to get the…

Urban Decay Wallpaper Shadow Box – 9 pigment rich shades including “shot gun,” “shattered,” and “asphyxia.” ($34), or

Winning the Urban Decay Showers to Flowers contest – deadline 4.30.08

“The Sophisticate”She wears many hats, never a hair out of place. Her trick? Products that work as hard as she does.

“Earth Mother” – Saving the world one biodegradable lipstick tube at a time, her must-haves are as earth-friendly as she is.  She would go ga-ga to over…

tarte’s natural beauty cheek stain and double dose T5 gloss – yes, these two gems are what we gave away last month for the tarte march madness giveaway at MBB! Sharon absolutely loves her new tarte lip glosses, and reports she is “hooked.”

I am placing myself in the “Earth Mother” category. Mainly because of my thick and crazy naturally curly hair, and the fact that I honestly believe women are most beautiful with very little makeup on.  Just sit me under a shady tree with my hair flowing in the warm breeze, wearing my homemade tie-dyed t and faded jeans while listening to Simon and Garfunkel. I can picture my kids frolicking in the sunshine, and chasing after butterflies. I would be in hippie heaven.

But secretly, in my heart I am a rock star mom wanna be!

Which cosmetic style would best describe you?

Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

FGW’s: Tarte’s Clean Slate Primer Sephora Glam Mom Spotted

• 1. kate2004rock  |  April 24, 2008 at 5:46 pm

I can go ahead and attest that Sephora employees STRONGLY dislike children that run around and make a mess in the store that I clean and even more so we dislike parents of said children for a)hiring a babysitter or b) teaching children proper public behavior.

As a disclaimer, I am not a child hater. I love children and I love to give little girls a special treat in their very “own” Sephora shopping bag when I see theyve been good in my store!

• 2. jen38  |  April 24, 2008 at 8:10 pm

Thanks for your perspective Katie, I can completely understand.
    Even though I love my little sweeties, a Sephora trip with them would stress me out, and make shopping annoying for everyone.
    If you were to give them a Sephora goody bag they would worship you for life though.

BTW, what cosmetic style would you be? I would guess sophisticate, or possibly glam gal.

• 3. jen38  |  April 24, 2008 at 8:11 pm

Definitely you would be a SophistiKATE! Ha-ha, I am so clever!

• 4. mo mommy  |  April 24, 2008 at 10:35 pm

I take my kids to Sephora, but only because we have to be on vacation to be near one and I don’t have a babysitter in my back pocket. I’m pretty aware of their moods though and don’t take them at nap or lunch time, that’s like begging for a disaster. It’s actually quite helpful since I can’t spend hours filling my basket with tons of things I don’t need.
    I think you’ve got me pretty well figured out Jen! I’d love to be a sophisticate, but let’s be honest here, I LIVE with my hair out of place!!!
    DH dreams of me becoming his granola crunching earth mother someday….keep dreaming sweetie!

• 5. jen38  |  April 25, 2008 at 7:08 am

We don’t even have a Sephora store in SLC to go to! I have never even been to an actual Sephora, so everything I am saying is entirely hypothetical.

Mo, no wonder I adore you. You are living out my fantasy of being a rock star!

• 6. tracy m  |  April 25, 2008 at 8:58 pm

While I desperately wish I were sophisticated and crisp, alas, I am a grapefruit. I am messy, I am tarte, I get all over the place, and people either really like me, or they don’t.

I suppose I’m more an earth mama- but only by default. I’m really a grapefruit.

• 7. jen38  |  April 25, 2008 at 9:59 pm

A grapefruit? Okay, let’s add grapefruit to the list.

I really like grapefruit. Especially the really messy, pink, sweet ones, like the Texas Star variety that come around in February.
    Grapefruits are really refreshing and one of my family’s favorite snacks, no joke.

• 8. kate2004rock  |  April 26, 2008 at 10:05 am

My style? All of the above. Mostdays a sohphistiKate but I have been known to rock it out on occasion. And pretty au naturale during the day.

• 9. jen38  |  April 26, 2008 at 10:58 am

I would love to see you rocked out Kate! Send pics please!!!

Congrats on getting your thesis completed and graduating! You are awesome.

• 10. kate2004rock  |  April 28, 2008 at 8:46 am

rocked out pics. let me do a little searching.