Arizona and Getting to Meet “Real World Martha”

March 6, 2008 at 12:44 pm 6 comments

arizona.jpg

Evan, Becca and I just left our four oldest daughters and headed south to Arizona for a few days.  What a treat!  To wear a short sleeved shirt and sandals and walk outside with the warm sun hitting your skin is an amazing feeling.  I know spring is coming, but this is a very nice break.  I want to thank my dear sweet friend Isabelle for taking on my two oldest, and my MIL for the watching the other two!  Just having one kid to worry about is a gift just on its own.

Last night, the fruits of blogging really paid off for me when I got the opportunity to meet with Debbie from “Real World Martha.”  Debbie is an authentic beauty inside and out.  We had a very enjoyable dinner with her 2 young boys and husband.  It was like meeting old friends, isn’t blogging such an amazing phenomenon that way?    I truly am blessed to communicate with such amazing people through this medium and thank you for your support.

And while in Arizona, I hope to do some browsing at some of the beauty stores here that aren’t available at home.  The mall close to where we are staying has a MAC store, an Origins store, and their Macy’s carries Benefit Cosmetics!    So far I am just looking, but my heart is racing just thinking about what I might find.  No beauty addiction issues here!

Until then, I am sending you rays of Arizona sunshine, visions of palm trees, the smell of orange blossoms, and big blue sky.

Entry filed under: family. Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

FGW: E.L.F Products. Or, You get what you pay for? Skincare Products and Buyer’s Remorse

• 1. mo mommy  |  March 6, 2008 at 6:13 pm

I thought all Macy’s had Benefit, ours does. Huh, guess you learn something new everyday.
    A whole MAC store?! I would keel over from happiness!

• 2. jen38  |  March 6, 2008 at 7:57 pm

Yeah, I am pretty cosmetic deprived in SLC. My local Macy’s carries Lancome, Estee Lauder, and Clinique.

Very cool eye icon Mo!

• 3. realworldmartha  |  March 10, 2008 at 10:20 am

Your so sweet! It is a beautiful time of year here. Today the little one and I took a walk and it was just a bird singing beautiful day. We soak these up knowing what the summer will bring.
    Hey do you have ULTA there? That’s a fun place with all price points.
    Blessings,
    Debbie

• 4. bionicbeauty  |  March 10, 2008 at 6:49 pm

A MAC store? Oh, I’d be in serious troubles. I try not to tempt myself.

Sounds like a wonderful time. Maybe some day we’ll be able to meet up. It’s amazing how blogging creates such wonderful friendships. I am off to check out Real World Martha’s blog (I hadn’t heard of her before!).

Cheers!
    BB

• 5. jen38  |  March 10, 2008 at 8:34 pm

No Ulta that I am aware of Debbie. I am glad you and little guy had fun outside together. Arizona is so gorgeous right now!

The trip was so fun and flew by very quickly. Jami, I am certain we will meet eachother eventually. You gals mean the world to me!

• 6. realworldmartha  |  March 11, 2008 at 2:59 pm

I wish I would have known that. You would of loved going to ULTA. Next time you are here you will have to check it out. It’s a great place for the beauty obsessed or any one really.
    Debbie 🙂