Laura Mercier Mineral Makeup

February 26, 2008 at 3:12 pm 8 comments

laura-minerals.jpg

While visiting the Laura Mercier counter, I was able to sample their new mineral makeup powder.  I have tried several different mineral makeup foundations and have been usually unsatisfied with their performance.  These issues include:   mineral powders don’t blend in well, colors that aren’t true to my skin tone, and the mineral powders seem to make my skin appear too matte and accentuate my fine lines.   After using Laura Mercier’s mineral powder spf 15 foundation, I was pleasantly surprised.  This formula blends into your skin beautifully and acheives a very natural, soft glow finish.  To combat my mineral makeup foundation issues, Laura Mercier created a mineral formula that contains:

The exclusive combination of Pure Pearl Powder, minerals and amino acids promote healthy skin and help fight the aging process. Mineral Powder SPF 15 gives you the flexibility to build coverage or add just a touch of luminosity.

Benefits:

• Composed completely of natural elements
  • Water-resistant
  • Oil-free
  • SPF 15

If you are looking for a fabulous mineral makeup foundation, I would suggest a visit to your local Nordstrom’s or Sephora for a demonstration of their product.  This Laura Mercier mineral foundation is expensive ($35), but really is a beautiful formulation and should last a long time.  As always, for best results, I recommend applying mineral makeup foundations sparingly with a high quality kabuki brush.   And while you are at the Laura Mericer counter, sample their liquid or mineral foundation primer and eye liners.  Simply classic, sophisticated makeup.  I big heart Laura Mercier!

Entry filed under: Cosmetics, Mineral Makeup, Uncategorized. Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

What is your favorite brand of Mascara? Battle of the Breakouts: Spot Treatments

• 1. tracy m  |  February 26, 2008 at 4:40 pm

Ok Jen, I bought and used the Bare Minerals ID stuff, and I liked it ok, but it really seemed to make me look older, kind of crepey… and that was after having it sparingly applied by one of their professional consultants. What gives?

I love the idea of this kind of make up, but I’m only in my early thirties and don’t want to look 40 yet!

Give it up, or give it another try?

• 2. kate2004rock  |  February 26, 2008 at 5:18 pm

Tracy M – I say go back to Liquid.

I have the LM mineral foundation. I feel like Laura Mercier’s minearl makeup is of a higher quality than stupid BE. But I really just do NOT feel like a mineral makeup gives you the same coverage nor the all-day staying power as a liquid foundation. And I mean it! I’ve tried!

• 3. mo mommy  |  February 26, 2008 at 6:28 pm

I really don’t think minerals are for you tracy. I was surprised at how your normally glowing skin responded to it. Not all things are for all people!
    Really, with most liquid foundations running in the $30 range, I think it sounds pretty reasonably priced. And so far LM products have proven worth far more than their asking price!

• 4. jen38  |  February 26, 2008 at 7:13 pm

Good points! I love hearing from you all.

I would suggest trying a tinted moisturizer first and then add your application of a mineral powder over it for added coverage. Be sure to avoid areas where you are dry or around your eyes.

It makes me crazy thinking of adding another step, but like a primer, the tinted moisturizer can really make a difference. And maybe you can skip that mineral foundation altogether and just get away with the tinted moisturizer!

• 5. kate2004rock  |  February 26, 2008 at 7:51 pm

I’ve recently become obsessed with the Cosmedicine Honest Face tinted moisturizer. It’s beautiful!

• 6. tracy m  |  February 26, 2008 at 9:16 pm

Jen, tell me what tinted moistureizer to get…

• 7. mo mommy  |  February 26, 2008 at 11:34 pm

Wait till Wednesday 😉

• 8. jen38  |  February 27, 2008 at 8:22 am

I am itching to try the Cosmedicine Line and that TM sounds wonderful! Thanks Kate, as always, you ROCK!

Mo’s right, wait til Wednesday!