What is your favorite brand of Mascara?

February 24, 2008 at 9:55 pm 15 comments

lashes.jpgPlease comment on your favorite mascara.

Mine?

• Boutique brandTarte’s lights, camera, lashes! ($18)  This mascara formula has rich, great color.  I love how it conditions and lengthens my lashes.
  • Drug Store Brand Maybelline’s Full N Soft Washable Mascara ($6)  Very conditioning and adds color and length without my lashes feeling stiff.

Amanda (my 14 year old’s) fav mascara:

•  Maybelline’s Define a Lash Mascara ($6)

Entry filed under: Cosmetics, Eyes. Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

Lancôme’s Rénergie Microlift R.A.R.E. Eye Cream Laura Mercier Mineral Makeup

• 1. hairyshoefairy  |  February 24, 2008 at 11:27 pm

My favorite, hand down, is L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara in blackest black or soft black. LOVE it. Even after trying other stuff I always end up going back to my Voluminous.

• 2. forladybug  |  February 25, 2008 at 2:39 am

Right now it is the lengthening formula by Clinique. I like the brush alot too…it’s very small.

• 3. mejojac  |  February 25, 2008 at 9:42 am

Ah… hairyshoefairy and I have the same favorite mascara! I have been using one that someone gave me from The Body Shop, but it is clumpy and sticky and I can’t wait to get back to my L’Oreal!

• 4. kate2004rock  |  February 25, 2008 at 6:38 pm

This is like trying to choose between children. I don’t do drug store, so I’m voting between Day and NIght mascara.

Best Day time Mascara: Tarte Lights Camera Lashes.

Best Night Time Mascara: DiorShow Blackout.

• 5. bionicbeauty  |  February 26, 2008 at 8:30 am

Well, I have my standard, as Jen knows… Physician’s Formula Mineral Wear mascara. But I also like Lancome’s Definicils for low-key looks.

🙂 I must admit, I haven’t tried that Tarte mascara, I guess I am hesitant to try new varieties. My eyes sometimes react badly (puffing, ichy, blood spots in the whites) to mascaras.

• 6. sweetnt  |  February 26, 2008 at 10:29 am

My favorite is Lancome’s Definicils. I’ve been using it for years and it does the best for me at making some lashes out of not much to work with.

• 7. mo mommy  |  February 26, 2008 at 6:24 pm

Lately I’m loving Urban Decay’s “Big Fatty” mascara. For drugstore brand I really like Cover Girls Volume Exact.
    I tried Lancome’s Courbe Virtuose and I liked it tons, but my checkbook didn’t!

• 8. jen38  |  February 26, 2008 at 7:16 pm

What a great list of mascara recommendations! Has anyone ever tried Lola’s Mascara?

• 9. grammhansen  |  February 26, 2008 at 11:09 pm

I am forever trying to find mascara that doesn’t make me look like a couple of big hairy caterpillers are crawling around on my eyelids – I use to have long thick lashes, then I got old. Anyway, I tried L’Oreal’s new Telescopic Mascara in brown/black and I really like it. The brush is extremely cool – flexible and it comes out of the bottle clean, not goopy!

• 10. jen38  |  February 27, 2008 at 8:20 am

Marilyn you kill me! 🙂 I feel the same way about my eyebrows, they used to be so dark and full and then BAM! What happened?

Sounds like a great mascara and a brush that comes out without the gloop, very nice perk!

• 11. nenetteam  |  February 27, 2008 at 7:02 pm

I’m currently enjoying Avon’s Astonishing Length’s Waterproof mascara… However, I’ve been thinking of trying Physician’s Formula Mineral Wear mascara since Jami mentioned it.
    I also liked Maybelline’s various mascaras too. 🙂

• 12. kate2004rock  |  February 28, 2008 at 11:11 am

Oh I like the Lola One too for Daytime, Jen!

• 13. Aimee  |  March 25, 2008 at 12:06 am

My absolute favorite is L’OREAL PARIS TELESCOPIC MASCARA. i LOVE how it longates and seperates my lashes and it doesn’t leave extra gunk between the lashes. It’s clean!

• 14. kate2004rock  |  March 26, 2008 at 11:52 am

Tweezers and boredom and too much wine happen, Jen. I’m 22 but I feel you on the eyebrows.

• […] In a recent post asking our readers to list their favorite mascaras, both Maybelline and L’Oreal topped as favorites. […]