What does your "Makeup Lingerie" consist of?

February 12, 2008 at 9:11 am 5 comments

Makeup Lingerie \mæk-ˌkəp lɑn-jə-ˈre\ n.  1. The beauty products that you cannot live without.  2.  The beauty items you always go to, the essentials, the must use them or I would feel wacky ones.  3.  The “bra and panties” that provide the foundation before you put on the rest of your daily “makeup wardrobe.”

(As in:  “I consider my makeup lingerie my mascara and my eyeliner, without them,  my eyes would be completely nondescript.”)

– Kate2004Rock’s Unabridged Dictionary

After reading Kate’s post, I asked myself, what does my “makeup lingerie” consist of?  So, I decided to share with you some of my “intimates.”  Let’s start with skincare shall we?   I know skincare isn’t technically “makeup,” but your skin IS your canvas.  Beautiful and healthy skin is best way to assure everything else you put on will look its best.

A great cleanser:  Suki’s Lemongrass Cleanser  Yeah, it is a broken record, I cannot live without it.  This was my #1 beauty find for 2007.  It is a gentle exfoliator and leaves my skin feeling clean but not over-stripped.  I use this once a day, usually in the AM.hot-pink-heart.jpgorganic.jpg

suki_lemongrass_cleanser.jpg

A tonerSuki’s White Willow Toner.   Removes any remaining cleanser product, and leaves my skin feeling refreshed and balanced.   Look what Suki put in this remarkable toner!  A must for acne prone or sensitive skin.hot-pink-heart.jpgorganic.jpgorganic rose petal, chamomile, calendula & tea tree infused in purified, filtered water, standardized white willow & chamomile extracts, white willow bark extracts distilled in fermented sugars, chamomile & rose, witch hazel distillate, pure, organic, food grade aloe vera, natural vitamin liposomes c & retinol, seaweed extracts & pure, premium, steam distilled essential oils.

A Treatment/SerumCaudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serumhot-pink-3-dollars-62x26.jpg

vinoperfect.jpg

If you haven’t heard me mention Caudalie before, stop and make note.  This is a fantastic skincare line.  The smell alone, Oooh la la! Vineyard grape goodness.  Rich in antioxidants, this serum really feeds and moisturizes your skin.  Please Kate make any comments below!

This is a very good start, and I am feeling a little bit exposed right now.   Feel free to share some of your favorite “lingerie” items, and remember we’re talking about beauty products here.

Entry filed under: Skincare. Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

Spring’s Chicest Lipstick? Lancôme’s Pixel Pink, can it live up to its claim? Fried Green Wednesdays: Cosmetics and the power of V

• 1. mo mommy  |  February 13, 2008 at 9:18 am

Desert island must haves:
    MAC Studio Finish concealer
    Lancome brow pencil
    MAC “O” lipstick
    Boots Time Renewing face cream

• 2. kate2004rock  |  February 14, 2008 at 1:29 pm

Oh my gosh! jen, you give me too much credit. You made my day!

• 3. jen38  |  February 14, 2008 at 1:44 pm

Does that mean I get an autographed copy of your dictionary Kate!?
    Yeah!

• 4. kate2004rock  |  February 15, 2008 at 9:52 am

Well sure. But Isn’t there only one word in my dictionary? What else have I said that’s so quotable? Not much…

• 5. Nenette  |  April 12, 2008 at 6:10 pm

hi jen,
    okay, this is 2 months late, but I wrote up my makeup lingerie in a new post on my site… that links here, of course! 🙂

Anyway, here are my makeup undies…
    * mascara – Avon Astonishing Lengths waterproof (black) – and my lashes must be curled!
    * brow gel – Rimmel Style & Shine
    * tinted lip balm – Aveda Lip Tint (coco plum)
    * tinted moisturizer – PF Organic wear (Natural to Tan) – used as concealer around the eyes
    xo,