What’s in your Handbag?

October 10, 2007 at 2:37 pm 6 comments

Do you think the contents of a woman’s handbag can reveal the personality of it’s owner? I thought it would be fun to discuss the “mystical purse ritual” we women share.
What in the world do you carry around in that Handbag of yours?

Right now I am toting around a quilted red purse with red leather straps. I purchased it a Kohl’s for about $25. I am a “one at a time” purse kind of gal. I use one purse for everything and when it’s worn and ready to fall apart, I’ll find another one.

If I were to take my handbag and dump out it’s contents, this is what you would find:

•  wallet, receipts and and cards loosely crammed in the middle
  • plastic ziploc baggie with 15 generic ibuprofen tablets
  • 3 ball point pens
  • one orange Sharpie permanent marker
  • 3 sets of chopsticks leftover from dinner at Noodles & Company
  • an extra set of car keys
  • Model co Fluidsplash 3 in 1 Foundation
  • old Spiderman Band aid that Naomi took off and gave to me
  • plastic star that fell off of Naomi’s dress up princess shoe
  • LipFusion lip gloss in Sun
  • Moiststic lip balm
  • Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Berry
  • Cell Phone RZR with Red Cover (Amanda picked out for me)
  • stack of store cards: Petco, Cafe Rio, Kroger, Subway, and Great Harvest Bread
  • Clinique Stay Matte Sheer Pressed Powder in “Stay Neutral”
  • one blue M & M
  • 1/5 of a leftover chocolate chip cookie in plastic wrap
  • travel size bag of kleenex tissue
  • baby size nail scissors

What do the contents of my handbag tell about me? Yikes! I guess you could say that I like lip gloss, have children, and eat out often. I think you could also assume that:

It’s about time to clean out my handbag!

This post was inspired by looking at an online article of the contents of Celebrities handbags. I think it is really interesting to see what cosmetics they use and carry around with them.

Entry filed under: Self Acceptance, Uncategorized. Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .

Mineral Makeup + Prime Time = LOVE LooseLipsNY: Loose Mineral Foundation & Kabuki Brush Offer

• 1. realworldmartha  |  October 10, 2007 at 4:27 pm

Very cute. I have one about what your lipstick says abotu you and will be putting it on my blog soon. I can remember a time my Mom (also with 5 children) found a left over hamburger in her purse that we could only guess the age of.
    The last time i was on your blog I didn’t notice you lived in Palo Alto. I lived in Foster City for awhile and worked at the mall there in Palo Alto. I am also a small town girl at heart (but living in the city for now).
    Have a GREAT day.
    Debbie

• 2. jen38  |  October 10, 2007 at 5:55 pm

It is a small world! I loved living in CA, we were only their for a few years, and actually lived in Redwood City while my husband commuted to SF, Palo Alto, and San Jose.

I loved that mall in Palo Alto! There was a bakery that made the best french baguette with ham, swiss and butter. Makes me hungry to think about it.

The hamburger in the purse is so funny. Your Mom must be an amazing woman. 5 kids are a lot to handle, but I love them so much.

Thanks Debbie and have a good day! Jen

• 3. realworldmartha  |  October 11, 2007 at 2:15 am

I think I know the bakery you are talking about, but can’t remember the name. YUMMY!
    My Mom was an amazing woman but I only had her for a short time. I miss her everyday! My hats off to you with 5.
    My husband really wants to go up to camp in Utah. Maybe you could give us some tips.

• 4. jen38  |  October 11, 2007 at 5:12 pm

It was a good bakery, and I recall them making pastries as well, very yum!

Are you interested in Northern or Southern Utah for camping? The areas I am most familiar with are the camping grounds in Little and Big Cottonwood Canyons. Tanner’s Flat is only a few miles up from my home, which makes it an ideal spot for my family. Bryce Canyon, Moab, and Zions are other amazing Utah camping locations, but can be extremely hot in the summer months. It is a gorgeous state and has a huge variety of camping options.

Hope that helps! Best to you, Jen

• 5. realworldmartha  |  October 13, 2007 at 5:36 pm

We would be going to the southern part, I believe, since we live in Phoenix. I think the northern part would be too far for a weekend trip. I think my hubby was looking at Bryce Canyon.

• […] What’s in your Handbag? Very cute. I have one about what your lipstick says about you and will be putting it on my blog […]